Year - 1815
St Patrick’s Church & Parochial House
Donegal Street
028 9032 4597


  • Parish church within Catholic Diocese of Down & Connor; administered directly as Diocesan church; strong community focus with links to local schools and hosts homeless soup kitchen in neighbouring St. Patrick’s School.
  • Original church built 1815; rebuilt 1875; fire damaged 1995 and restored; contains priceless triptych by Sir John Lavery and original high altar designed by father of Padraig Pearse; B+ listed.
  • Parochial house, part of Georgian terrace built 1820s; previously the Bishop’s Palace; B2 listed.
  • Stop 3 on the North Belfast Heritage Trail (next stop Fredrick Street Quaker Meeting House).

Click to see full screen