Year - 1861
174 Trust: Duncairn Complex
028 9074 7114
- Incorporating what were originally three separate buildings - church, halls and manse - and home to the Duncairn Presbyterian congregation from 1861-1994. Buildings purchased by the 174 Trust in 1995 and have been refurbished in stages - the latest being the completion of the transformation of the former church building (B+ listed) into the Duncairn Centre for Culture & Arts at a cost of £3.5m - incorporating a theatre, cafe, exhibition space, artists’ studios and meeting rooms.
- Halls/Manse are home to a myriad of groups and activities including Preschool Nursery, Afterschool Club and Disability Project - as well as other autonomous organisations meeting a variety of needs and interests.
- Director and Deputy report to Management Committee with legal oversight and responsibility resting with 4 Trustees. 14 other staff (full and part time); 20+ volunteers, Interns. In addition approx 20 other people employed at the Complex by the various autonomous organisations.
- Stop 13 on the North Belfast Heritage Trail (next stop Dunlewey on Cliftonville Road).